- Join in
- Calls & Dates
- General Information
- Summer School
A brief summary of the exciting 9th Extended Semantic Web Conference
The conference showcased the best the community has to offer with a 25% acceptance rate for technical track submissions.
Again the conference continued the tradition of fantastic keynote speakers including a novel and well received keynote from political strategist Julius van der Laar as well as leaders in the field like Monica Lam (Stanford) and Alon Halevy (Google). These keynotes will be made available on videolectures.net soon.
We had a fantastic poster, demo and AI Mashup session in which the best scores were calculated using SPARQL queries!
You can find all the papers in LNCS Volume 7295 at http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-3-642-30283-1
Metadata is at http://data.semanticweb.org/conference/eswc/2012/html
Obviously, there was a ton of great stuff at the conference. Here are the award winners:
Best Paper: Graph Kernels for RDF Data by Uta Lösch, Stephan Bloehdorn, Achim Rettinger
Best In-Use Paper: Generating Possible Interpretations for Statistics from Linked Open Data by Heiko Paulheim
7 years Most Influential paper: Towards Semantically-Interlinked Online Communities by Breslin, Harth, Bojars, and Decker
- Nobody Wants to Live in a Cold City Where No Music Has Been Recorded by Heiko Paulheim
Exploring History through Newspaper Archives by Jasna Skrbec, Marko Grobelnik, Blaz Fortuna
DEFENDER: a DEcomposer For quEries agaiNst feDERations of endpoints by Gabriela Montoya, Maria-Esther Vidal, Maribel Acosta
- Bringing the Web of Data to Developing Countries: Linked Data Markets in the Sahel by Victor De Boer, Nana Baah Gyan, Pieter De Leenheer, Anna Bon, Chris van Aart, Chistophe Gueret, Wendelien Tuyp, Stephane Boyera, Mary Alle
- ANISE: an ANatomic SEmantic Visualizer by Luis Landaeta, Alexander Baranya, Alexandra La Cruz, Maria-Esther Vidal
- Full-text Support for Publish / Subscribe Ontology Systems by Lefteris Zerkavis, Christos Tryfonopoulos, Antonios Papadakis-Pesaresi, Manolis Koubarakis, Spiros Skiadopoulos
Best PhD Symposium Paper: A Framework for Ontology Usage Analysis by Jamshaid Ashraf
AI Mashup Challenge Winner:
- Career Galaxy by Yiyu Li, Xilong Fan, Mamta Bhavsar, Yemin Shi
- MICI by Heiko Paulheim, Axel Schulz
- WhatsGoingOn by Wenjing Yu, Xuming Zhu, Jose Romero-Lobo
- Hugos by Yong Jin, Yupeng Ji, Shilang Xui
Impressions of the Closing and Award Ceremony
ESWC 2013 will be held in Montpellier, France!
We hope to see you at next year's conference.